Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Watch out...turtle comin' through

Update on Beev...... went to the doctor and the doctor said -no more jumping on that bed.....oh wait...that wasn't it, I just thought of that while I was typing. She did go to the doctor and it appears that Beev does NOT have stress fracture. Yippee!!!! BUT, the doctor said she has tendinitis in some weird tendon in the foot. He gave her some meds (including steroids for a short time) to help her heal. The weird thing is that he told her she didn't even need to rest it. She could start running right away. That just sounds wrong to me and to Beev and to everyone else either of us mention it to, but the doctor said go for it. A follow-up appointment is next week to check her progress.

The good news is that Beev can continue to train for the half-marathon. The bad news is that the 10K is still out for this Saturday - too far, too soon according to a nurse friend of Beev's plus I think there is now a family conflict too since she thought she wouldn't be running.

Oh man... I had a hard time keeping up with Beev before and now she taking performance enhancing drugs. I can barely see her she's moving so fast.....maybe she should share that stuff with me! hmmmmmmm................. nah...

Looks like rain on Saturday according to all the weather dudes here. So, the 10K might be out for me too. Bummer..... We really need the rain, so I don't want to pray for it not to rain....but maybe it could rain in the afternoon.

See ya!
Perry

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Good news!! Glad to hear Beev is still "in the running" for the half marathon!

Mary-Austin said...

Glad all is well with Beev. Great news!