Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rained Out

Well...I was rained out of my first 10K. I woke up super early for a couple of reasons. One reason was that I was excited and a little nervous. But the second reason (and the main one) is that a storm including thunder and lightning came through early Saturday morning...maybe around 5:30 or 6am). The loud noises of the storm plus the dog trying to burying her head under my pillow while my head is on it woke me up.

Once my power came back on, I got up to check the radar on the computer. The radar showed big storms where the race was being held, so I made the decision not to go. I didn't want to run in a thunder storm. I gave thought to going anyway...I mean....maybe the weather would change by the time I got there....but then I thought...even if it stops raining even to start the race, that doesn't mean it will start up again during the race. And even if it didn't start raining again, it was awfully wet out there making it much easier for me to slip, fall and injure myself. I decided it wasn't worth it. I was bummed. I was really looking forward to it.

I ran into a girl at work who ran in that race. I asked her if was raining the whole time. And she said it was pretty funny, because it actually stopped raining for a few minutes. BUT, she said as soon as the race started....another downpour and it rained throughout the run. I'm glad I decided not to go. I don't know how other runners did not show up, but she did say that there were about 400 other runners who made it. Those are the die-hard runners... The I can't live without running people....I am not one of those people. I like it alright....but not enough to run in the rain.

So, I'll save the first 10K for another day...

Perry

No comments: