Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh Deer!!!

I must confess that I did not train as I was scheduled to last week. I ran the 3.5 with Beev last Monday. We were supposed to run again during the week - on own own. Our Christmas plans prevented us from running together. Well, props to the Beev for following the schedule. I did not run the rest of the week. I was going to run on Saturday, but decided I would on Sunday. Then Sunday came and with church, lunch and life group there was not a lot of time. I guess I could have gone during my nap time. I just kept putting it off, until the week was over. I'm disappointed about that, but have to move on and go from here.....

So, this morning was another chilly morning to run. Not as cold as previous weeks, but still in the low 40s. This was my first day back to work and the Beev took most of the week off. Still, Beev met me this morning before work to run. Today was a short day - only 2 miles - since we have a race on Thursday. We completed our run in our average time - which is ok. At about 1.5 miles I thought I might have to stop, but thankfully I pushed through it and finished without stopping. Thursday might be a challenge for me!

One thing we haven't really mentioned yet is that we usually encounter several deer along the trail when we run at work. We usually make enough noise to get them to move. We clap, whistle, say "move deer", whatever we can think of. Well, this morning when we came up to the first couple of deer, for some reason I made this weird yell - wish I could do it for you here. Anyway, the deer just kinda looked at us and then took off. I did it again at the next deer and Beev laughed and said something about we now know that deer are afraid of Indians. My yell sounded like an Indian chant, I guess. We laughed! Maybe I'll work on some funny yells to surprise the Beev next time we run at work!

Next race is this Thursday - the Cobweb Chaser (5K)

-Perry

2 comments:

Stacey said...

glad you made your run today...just do the best you can...can't wait to hear about the run on Thurs.

Mary-Austin said...

glad you made it through! How did it go on Thurs?