We haven't made a post since our 5K triumph, so I'll try to catch up here on our progress.
Last week, we attempted to complete 3.25 miles - our longest yet. Well, it was freezing last Monday (ok....only 36). But we turtles braved the cold and decided to run outside. As we were crossing the street to our starting point, some man rolled down his car window and yelled .... "Now I'm impressed" He went on to say something else, but neither Beev nor I really heard him. I'm sure it was something like..."y'all are awesome" or "y'all are the best" or "rock on" or something. But it's just a guess.
Anyway, we achieved our goal of 3.25 miles in close to 43 minutes. A little slow, but our longest distance yet. I think as we increase our distance, we (i.e. ME) will naturally get faster at the shorter distances. At least that it is my hope. We ran the same distance again on Friday, but on the treadmill. The weather was foggy and wet, so we didn't feel safe to run outside. I have had a problem running on a treadmill in the past. My legs immediately start hurting - PAIN. Well, I hadn't tried to run on the treadmill in a while, so I wasn't sure if I could do it. After a good warm-up, we were ready to go. And we did it! Wahoo!!! I much prefer running outside, but it's nice to know that I can run on the treadmill when the weather prevents us from being outside.
-Perry
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment