The training continues into Christmas week. I took the week off from work to get some shopping and wrapping done. Beev went into work today. Since I needed to come to town to shop anyway, I decided to get up EARLY, EARLY - on my day off!!! - and meet the Beev to run before she had to work.
Our goal today was to hit 3.5 miles. I really wasn't sure I was going to make it. It was super cold (36 I think) but felt colder with the wind. We warmed up a bit on the treadmill, but for some reason my legs would not loosen up much. I hadn't slept well the night before and wasn't properly hydrated. Blah, blah, blah..... Basically I set myself up for the "it's ok if you can't do it today." We started our run. Usually when it's cold, we run faster than usual. But not today. Too cold, I guess. Cardio-wise I could have gone faster, but my legs said "I don't think so, Missy." After mile 1, I told Beev I didn't know how much more I could do. But we kept on. We made it to the end of mile 2 and I knew the next 0.5 mile would be downhill. So, we kept on. Somewhere around 2.5 miles, my legs finally loosened up a bit. We completed our 3.5 mile goal! We were very slow today (49 mins), but we made it to the end of our trail.
I'm happy to have hit 3.5 miles. A month or so ago, I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to do 3 miles without stopping. And here I am running almost an hour without stopping and knocking on the door to 4 miles !!! Can't wait to hit the 4 miles! We have a 4 mile event in February we're preparing for too.
After our run, Beev went to work (poor Beev) and I went SHOPPING!!!! We are running another 5K on New Year's Day. I'll post pics!
Merry Christmas!
-Perry
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations!!!! 3.5 miles WOW!!! What an accomplishment. Finally finished my wrapping (it's 1100 pm). When are you leaving for Houston???
YAY!! I'm so impressed!!
Walking is a good accomplishment for me ... won't even think of the running part!!
Post a Comment