We did it!!!!!!!
We hit 4 miles today! It was rough, but we made it!
The run started off interestingly enough. We hadn't even gone a 1/4 mile yet when we rounded a corner and Beev lets out this yelp "AHHHHHHHH!!!!" Neither one of us noticed the deer standing right at the corner! It was perfectly still and blended into the background until....... Beev screamed and it ran away. It startled both of us, but kept us laughing for a bit.
Beev and I were not sure we would make it. Both of us didn't get much sleep last night. The weather was warm and sticky. But, we were determined to make it. We both felt like our legs were ..... well.....weird. Mine never really loosened up and the Beev felt like hers were just heavy. Lack of sleep, I'm guessing. Both of us felt pretty good cardio-wise. Our legs just weren't fully cooperating today. So, it took us a while to complete the 4 miles.
But, we did it!! First time to hit 4 miles! Wooo hoooo!!!! We're going to try it again on Friday to see if we can better our time and to help us better prepare for the race on Feb 7th.
-Perry - a proud, happy, 4-mile running turtle.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
YAY!!! Good job!
I'm impressed...good joy!
Job, I mean
Post a Comment