Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh....so close

Howdy! Beev and I ran yesterday (Tuesday). Our goal was to complete 4 miles, which is our longest yet. The weather was beautiful and we were determined. Aside from dodging deer poop on the trail (someone must have over feed the deer recently), the trail was great. We were concerned it might be wet because of the rain in the morning.

Anyway, Beev had kept some stories to tell me as we ran since we knew it would be a long one. Beev did GREAT with the stories!!! Thanks, Beev!

At about 2.5 miles, I wasn't sure I could finish 3 miles much less than our 4 mile goal. We continued. Mentally, I just took it 1/4 mile at a time. Well, right after the 3.75 mile point and right at the bottom of the big bench hill we've mentioned, I stopped. I couldn't go any farther. The 3.75 is the farthest we've gone, so that's good. BUT, I really wanted to hit 4 miles before my procedure today. I'm not sure how long it will take for me to recover and mentally I wanted to know I had hit 4 miles and I can do it again. Oh well! We tried!

Afterwards, we thought about it and if we had just turned around at the 3.75 and went back on the trail .25 miles (which is DOWNhill) we could have hit the 4 miles pretty easily. Wish we'd thought of that out there! That bench hill looks like a mountain to me. Next time!!

-Perry

No comments: