Alright, ok, feelin' good!
Today the Beev and I attempted a 5K. My first time back went pretty well. The weather was the warmest we've ever run in. It wasn't hot, but we usually do better when it's chilly outside. I might be in trouble when summer gets here. Oh well, worry about that later.
Anyway, at about 1.25 miles I wasn't sure I could go anymore. I was having a terrible time breathing, couldn't catch my breath. The air was a little thick which didn't help me. My fitness level, of course, isn't currently as high as it was prior to my procedure. That's what my problem really was. I have gone to the gym to do cardio since the day I got my stitches removed (doctor approved- she just didn't allow running until after a week of no stitches). But let me tell you...... running is completely different than any other cardio workout. You can do all the cardio you want in the gym, but start running and it feels like you've never done cardio training. It's just different somehow. Other people (way more fit than me) have told me this was true for them as well.
I sucked it up for another .5 miles, but then had to stop and walk the uphill part of our course. So, we walked about .15 miles and then finished out the 5K. Out of the 3.1 miles (5K), we walked .15 and ran the other 2.95miles. I'm pretty happy about that. Pretty good for first time out. Wish I could have made it the whole way, but it just wasn't going to happen today.
One side note, the Beev had a VERY long and interesting story to tell today about some drama going on in her life - which I will not detail on this website (sorry folks!). The story lasted the entire 3.1 miles. Beev said she'd been wanting to tell me all week, but saved it for our run! Thanks, Beev!
We make the big 4 mile attempt next Tuesday. Hope you're saving up some more stories for that one, Beev! Maybe one day, I'll be able to tell you a story while we're running----of course it would be difficult to understand given it would be told one syllable at a time with lots of gasps for air in between!!! one day.......
-Perry
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Go Turtles!! I'm just proud you are even out there running!! You're doing great!
Post a Comment