I'm sorry it has been so long since I posted. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I tried to post a couple of times before (even earlier today), but I was denied access because I couldn't get my login right! I was thinking all along that I had the wrong password, when I really had the wrong e-mail address. I'm such a doofus! (In our office, I would be called a turkey lips.)
Anyway, Perry and I finished our first 4-mile race! Like Perry said, the weather was good (even a little cold and windy before we started running), which helped a lot. The course was nice with the exception of the big hill during the first mile. Perry and I felt strong (from a cardiovascular perspective) during the entire race. Unfortunately, neither of us saw the 2nd and 3rd mile markers, so we weren't sure how far we had run. Approximately 3 miles into the race (a hindsight guess), we saw a big yellow sign ahead. Perry told me if that sign said "2" (2 miles), she was going to cry. The sign wasn't a mile marker at all, but just a big directional arrow.
I got a little worried once I noticed that there were a lot of walkers in front of us. I couldn't understand how they were faster than we were, when we had never stopped running. Then Perry reminded me about the 1.6 mile walkers who started after the runners but whose course merged with ours. Again, I'm a doofus --- but I was really relieved that we weren't that slow.
I think we both feel a sense of great accomplishment, and we are motivated to run more. We'll be looking for a race to run in March, and then our next planned race is a 10k (6.2 miles) in April. This means we have to increase our distance to 5 miles by the end of this month and reach 6 miles by the end of March. We can do it!
Thanks Perry --- I had a great time! Go Blazing Turtles Go!
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I believe you are right...you CAN do it!!
Post a Comment