
My first 10K!!!! Beev was not able to make it. But, my friend Julia decided to run it too! We drove up together and once the race started I didn't see her again until I finished. She's much faster than me. It was fun to have her there!!!
Well, the weather was pretty good for me - overcast and cool. A little muggy, but hey- it is Texas. Not sure why it's called the wildflower run. No wildflowers along the course. The race folks let an 87 year old man have about a 15 minute head start. Pretty cool to see someone that age walking really fast for 6.2 miles! Anyhoo....the race started and I was close to the front of about 200 runners (I guess). So, that means I got off to a quick start, which may sound like a good thing, but not for me. You see, I expended to much energy in that first mile. My fastest - EVER. I had to stop to walk a little bit after that to catch my breath. I also had to stop a few times to reattach my ipod to my clothing. It kept flying off. It's never done that before, so I'm not sure what was going on. Truthfully, I was grateful for the break.
I cruised passed the 87 year man (saying hello of course) somewhere around mile 3. So, at that point I knew I wasn't last - which was my goal! I didn't actually run all that well compared to the other runners. But for me, I did about what I thought I would.
10Ks are hard! I always knew when doing a 5K I wouldn't be last because of the folks who walk. there aren't any walkers in a 10K. If that little old man hadn't been there I may have come in last. Although, there was one other lady who came in behind me. We don't have any other 10Ks scheduled and that may be a good thing - for the mind. We have an 8 miler in October, but Beev will be running with me, so I won't be completely by myself. Plus, I can push her down at the last minute and cross the finish line before her - thus ensuring I do not finish last. Ha-Ha! Just kidding, Beev.....hmmmm or am I????
Anyhoo.... I don't know why but I can't post any pics on this website right now. Keeps crashing my computer. I'll post them when I can. Sorry!
Well, the weather was pretty good for me - overcast and cool. A little muggy, but hey- it is Texas. Not sure why it's called the wildflower run. No wildflowers along the course. The race folks let an 87 year old man have about a 15 minute head start. Pretty cool to see someone that age walking really fast for 6.2 miles! Anyhoo....the race started and I was close to the front of about 200 runners (I guess). So, that means I got off to a quick start, which may sound like a good thing, but not for me. You see, I expended to much energy in that first mile. My fastest - EVER. I had to stop to walk a little bit after that to catch my breath. I also had to stop a few times to reattach my ipod to my clothing. It kept flying off. It's never done that before, so I'm not sure what was going on. Truthfully, I was grateful for the break.
I cruised passed the 87 year man (saying hello of course) somewhere around mile 3. So, at that point I knew I wasn't last - which was my goal! I didn't actually run all that well compared to the other runners. But for me, I did about what I thought I would.
10Ks are hard! I always knew when doing a 5K I wouldn't be last because of the folks who walk. there aren't any walkers in a 10K. If that little old man hadn't been there I may have come in last. Although, there was one other lady who came in behind me. We don't have any other 10Ks scheduled and that may be a good thing - for the mind. We have an 8 miler in October, but Beev will be running with me, so I won't be completely by myself. Plus, I can push her down at the last minute and cross the finish line before her - thus ensuring I do not finish last. Ha-Ha! Just kidding, Beev.....hmmmm or am I????
Anyhoo.... I don't know why but I can't post any pics on this website right now. Keeps crashing my computer. I'll post them when I can. Sorry!

1 comment:
ha- better watch out Beev, Klingman's are OVERLY competetive, watch out for that shove! Lol! Play nice Perry! Seriously though, am very proud of you!
Post a Comment