Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's almost time..... YIKES!

The San Antonio Half-Marathon is THIS Sunday..... Yikes!

We've been training for a year now and you know what.....it feels like we've been training for a year. We are ready to NOT be training anymore. We will not miss getting up at 5am on our days off to meet at the Rim parking lot to run.

Only 1 more training run this week and it's a short one. This Thursday I will be running my last training run of 3 miles. Yipppeeee!!!!

Beev and I have to go to the Expo on Friday at the Alamodome to pick up our race stuff : our numbers, our parking pass, and other stuff they will be giving us. They will also be trying to sell us a bunch of stuff too. They have the Expo on Saturday too, but that's when most people will be going, so we decided to beat the crowd and go on Friday during the work day.

I am a little nervous about Sunday. I don't really know what to expect as far as crowds and when we should get there, how easy it will be to get around, etc..... I'm nervous about making it to the start line on time. I would hate to train for a year and then miss the start because of traffic. Therefore, we will probably be VERY early. I'm also nervous about standing around at the start line and then having to start without being warmed up properly. I'm nervous about the weather..."they" are saying light rain and humid. The rain doesn't bother me as much as the humidity does. Yuck! I'm praying a cold front comes through and clears everything out and we get to run in 50 degree weather. That would be perfect! Even the 40s are good.

My goal on Sunday is to finish knowing I pushed myself to do my best the whole way through the 13.1 mile course. And to still be able to walk!

I'll post again after Sunday!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I wish soooo much that we could be there to cheer you across the finish line! Stinking gymnastics! lol! Will be thinking about you in Houston....

Anonymous said...

And you made it - I am so proud of you. You set your goal and stuck with it - what an accomplishment. Yea to you and Beverly.
Mom