Hello! I have been a terrible blogger-person.....I haven't kept this up to date at all.
There's really not that much new to report. The BIG race is November 15th. It's getting close!! Yikes!
Beev and I had a hard time running this summer. We both had busy schedules and vacations. But even when we did have time, it was WAY TOO HOT..... This was one hot summer with the most days above 100 degrees on record. And humidity on top of that. It has been miserable. We would run every now and then but not on a real consistent basis. I participated in the Carrabba's half-marathon relay in June with some friends from church. I ran ok - over did the first mile with my fastest mile ever - and ended up having to run/walk the rest of my 3.5 mile leg. It was very hot and humid that day too. While we were standing in line for the free food from Carrabbas (yummy), I almost passed out - got very dizzy, had trouble walking, etc. My friends took good care of me so I was ok after a while - but I didn't feel like eating my free Italian food! What a rip off!!
Well, vacations are over and Beev's kids are back in school and it's not over 100 degrees on a regular basis....SO...we're back to training on a regular basis. We had our first LONG run last weekend. We made 8.5 miles! Not all of it running though - probably walked about a mile of it. But we're really happy about it!! We needed that long run, because we were getting concerned that the race was coming up and we hadn't been able to do any long runs in a while. So....yeah!!!
We were going to run this morning, but the weather forecast called for rain through the night last night and all day today. So next weekend we'll hit the pavement for at least 8 miles - hopefully 9 or 10...... (uh...that's a long way)....
We're in the final stretch now before the big race day.... I actually feel confident now that we can do the distance of 13.1 miles in November....we may not run all of it, but we'll run most of it!
Bye!
Perry
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad to se you all back in the swing of things!
Post a Comment